I have had lots of Rocky Road Candy but none of them hold a candle to My Mom's Rocky Road recipe. A sweet and salty combo makes this one of the best.
Mom made several batches of this with different nuts, walnuts, cashews and peanuts. But my favorite was the peanuts, probably because they are saltier. I'd follow the recipe to the "T" the first time around and then change it up if you need to.
12 oz Package Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (not milk chocolate)
14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 TBL Real Butter
1 Jar Dry Roasted Salted Peanuts
10 oz Package Mini Marshmallows
- Butter 13x9 pan. I recommend using real butter not nonstick or margarine.
- Melt chocolate, condensed milk and butter over low heat in sauce pan.
- Stir continuously to avoid scalding.
- In a large bowl, combine marshmallows and peanuts.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the marshmallow and peanuts. Stir to coated.
- Spread in the buttered pan.
- Lay wax paper over the top and mush down.
- Cover with the wax paper and saran wrap and chill 2 hours.
The secret to this is the real butter, salted nuts and semi sweet chips. Just the perfect sweet and salty combo.